In the beginning, Hoboken was a bucolic island of trees and green pastures, separated at the west by marshes and ponds. The land was inhabited by the Lenni Lenape Indians who camped on the island in the summers.
In 1609, Henry Hudson’s ship, the Half Moon, took harborage in Hoboken Cove, by the border of Weehawken, where the navigator noted the island and its green serpentine rock. Hudson and his crew were the first Europeans known to have seen Hoboken, but soon after, others followed, including Peter Stuyvesant, the Dutch governor of Manhattan, who bought all the land between the Hackensack and Hudson rivers in 1658.
More than a hundred years later, in 1783, the “island” was purchased by Colonel John Stevens for 18,360 pounds sterling, about $100,000 today, and settled on the name Hoboken. From 564 bucolic acres, he and his descendants led in the creation of this thriving 21st century city.
Today, Hoboken’s unofficial nickname is the “Mile Square City”,but it actually covers about 1.25 square miles (3.2 km2) of land and an area of 2 square miles (5.2 km2) when including the under-water parts in the Hudson River. During the late 19th/early 20th century the population and culture of Hoboken was dominated by German language speakers who sometimes called it “Little Bremen”, many of whom are buried in Hoboken Cemetery, North Bergen.
Professional Relocation Service in Hoboken
Movers 201 will provide the same courteous, reliable, and personalized service guaranteed. We have extensive knowledge and experience in local, long-distance, and international moving and our state-of-the-art equipment and carriers along with our incomparable team of professional movers make us second to none in the industry. We offer a 100% all included rates with no Hidden fees or extra charges, We will come and performed a free in-home estimate and will custom tailor a plan that is right for you.
Movers 201 Rates are 100% all Included
Our Moving services include:
1. Professionally-trained and uniformed movers
2. Clean trucks with proper padding and equipment
3. Packing, Crating & Unpacking Services
4. Disassembly and reassembly of furniture
5. Proper protection of furniture (wrapping, padding)
6. Floor covering and wall protection where needed
7. Piano and heavy item handling
8. Debris removal, disposal, or charity drop-off
9. Insured and bonded service, Certificate of insurance
10. Full line of boxes and packing supplies
11. Free box delivery w/full refund for unused boxes or materials
12. Patience and care when kids or pets involved
13. Courteous and friendly staff available 24/7
Absolutely No Hidden Fees or Extra charges n move day
1. Disassemble & Reassemble of furniture as needed
2. Loading, Unloading & Setup of furniture at new location
3. Pad-wrap of all furniture (pad-blanket & tape at no charge)
4. Packing of TVs & Plastic cover for Mattress
5. Packing of glass tops, mirror, large artworks, glass shelves…
6. Free use of wardrobe boxes (free use on move day)
7. Gas, taxes & basic coverage insurance ($0.60 per pound)
8. No extra charge for stairs or extra stop (pickup or delivery)
9. Box delivery with a full refund for unused boxes
Local Moves are based on an hourly rate
Long Distance based on volume of shipment