Thank you for choosing Movers 201. Over the years Movers 201 served hundreds of clients who had all kinds of special requests. When working for you, our moving crew will make every effort to do what you ask for. However, there are times when customer’s needs and special requests might come with certain risks, and we cannot be responsible for the outcome of these requests. In order to avoid any misunderstandings on the actual day of the move, please read carefully our company’s policy below.
- Moving Cost. The final cost of your move will be determined by multiplying the actual number of hours our moving crew had worked by the hourly rate indicated on your estimate, Adding the Travel time set on your estimate, the amount of packing materials used and the amount of valuation coverage.
- Labor Move Time. Move time starts upon the arrival of our crew at your location and ends upon the departure from your final destination. Move time is calculated based on 15 minute increments at the rate indicated on the estimate. Any travel between the origin and the destination is considered to be part of the labor time.
- Travel Time. Travel time is a flat fee that set to cover the time movers spent getting to the customer origin point and the time they spent getting back from the final destination back to our base terminal, If our truckis being delayed by traffic or movers decided to stop for any reason the additional time incurred will not be added to the bill.
- Arrival time frame. Please keep in mind that we do not provide a specific time of arrival. We offer a one hour arrival time window for all jobs scheduled in the morning and 3 hour arrival time window for all the jobs scheduled in the afternoon. Movers 201 takes pride in showing up on time, however there are situations that are beyond our control. In case our crew will arrive at your location late, you will receive a $25.00 compensation for each hour that we are late.
- Customer presence. The customer or an authorized representative must be present during the move at all times. It is customer’s responsibility to do a final walk-through inspection of the premises to ensure we have taken and delivered everything. Our time runs continuously until all tools and equipment are back in the truck and payment is completed.
- Materials use. Movers 201 provide an all-inclusive rate which included all the materials needed to complete your move with no extra charges for any of the material used on move day to perform the following: Pad-wrap of furniture (using moving pads and tape), New Mattress Covers, Boxes for your TVs, Packing of all Mirrors, Glass tops, Glass shelves, Glass doors, Large artworks, And Free use of wardrobe boxes on move day (use for hanging garments only),
- Packing Materials. Our trucks carry a standard set of boxes: 5 small, 5 medium, 5 large, 5 dishpacks,& and bundle of packing paper. If you feel like there will be some packing for us to be done, please make sure to inform us ahead of time, otherwise we’ll be limited to our supplies. All boxes and supplies used on your move to pack items you fail to pack and items that not listed in our included packing services are subject to addition charge, unless specified in your moving estimate.
- Additional services. In the event unexpected additional services are required to complete your move, these costs will be added to your final move price. Services such as Piano handling, Hoisting, Safe moves, special packing or crating, etc
- Waiting Time. In the case our crew arrives at your location at the time agreed upon, and you’re not ready for us to start the job, you’ll be billed for our waiting time at the same hourly rate indicated on your estimate.
Long Distance Moving
- Moving Cost. The final cost of your long distance move is being determined by actual space your shipment takes inside our truck measured by cubic foot, we provide binding moving cost (flat rate) for long-distance moves based on an agreed inventory list.
- Pick-up. We provide our customers with a specific date for the pick-up of your long distance shipment. If we said we’ll be there we’ll be there.
- Delivery time frame. We can provide our customers with two pricing options on all long distance deliveries. Regular Business Delivery and Express Delivery. Please keep in mind that your delivery time frame starts from your first available delivery date, unless otherwise specified in the contract.
- Driving hours and mileage. Please keep in mind that due to DOT regulations, we are obligated to stop driving after 600 miles or 10 hours of driving, whichever occurs first. In case of traffic or bad weather conditions, we would be forced to postpone your delivery.
- Additional services. In the event unexpected additional services are required to complete your move, these costs will be added to your final move price. Services such as Piano handling, Hoisting, Safe moves, special packing or crating, etc
- Waiting Time. In the case our delivery crew arrives at your destination as agreed, and you’re not ready for us to start the unloading process or your place is not ready to move in you’ll be billed for our waiting time.
Cancellation and Rescheduling
- To receive a full refund of your deposit you must cancel within 24 hours of booking your reservation (not applied for all last minute jobs booked less than 72 hours before move date). Any cancellations of your reservation after 24 hours of booking will cause a total loss of your deposit.
- Any reschedules have to be confirmed with your sales representative at least 2 business days prior to the move. Please note that rates are subject to change based on the availability and dates.
- Please note that cancellation fee ($275.00) will be charged if you cancel your move less than 48 hours before your move date/time
- Any last minute (same day) cancellation of your move will result in full minimum cost of your move based on your contract.
- Any promotional items (i.e. flyers, coupons, third party vendor/website special offers, promo codes, any online promotional deals or certificates) have to be submitted and redeemed before the actual booking of the move and will not be accepted on move date unless your sales person was notice ahead of time.
- No promotional coupons can be applied towards any minimum charge moving services.
- Two and more promotional items cannot be combined.
- Returns of any promotional items purchased through a third party vendor/website have to be processed directly through the seller/distributor of the promotional item.
- Please note: purchase of any promotional item through a third party vendor/website does not guarantee any availability or fixed price for services to be rendered. Rates are subject to change based on the availability.
- Movers 201 perform disposal and clean-out services and we can definitely take care of your unwanted items. Any disposal services have to be approved and confirmed by our staff before performed.
- All disposal services are subject to additional charges (unless otherwise specified on the estimate). Charges will be applied based on the amount of space your unwanted items takes on our moving truck measured by cubic footage at the rate of $1.75/cuft with the following minimum:
- a) $15.00 per article Small items (chairs, end tables, small shelves, boxes, etc.).
- b) $35.00 per article Medium items (tables, recliners, rockers, cribs, etc.).
- c) $65.00 per article Large items (desks, dressers, bed frames, ).
- d) $100.00 per article Oversized items (i.e. mattress, armoire, love seat, sofa, etc.).
- We reserves the right to decline any requests on disposal services without any further explanations.
- Damages and claims. Any damage claims must be submitted in writing to our claims department. Applicable notes about these damages must be made in writing on the bill of lading on the day of your move before movers leave your premises. Our company standards do assume a full inspection of furniture by both our movers and customers however the final inspection is the responsibility of the customer. All of our customers sign a bill of lading upon completion of a move. It reads The above services were rendered and all goods delivered in good order, except as noted. For any insurance company this document is critical in noting charges the same day, to ensure the damage occurred that day and that coverage could be provided. Unless payment is made in full as is due we are not required to answer or process a claim. Do not assume you may deduct the money from the final bill to compensate yourself in the event of damage. This is ILLEGAL.
- Moving of a refrigerator. We only move empty freezers/refrigerators. Please empty the contents for safe moving. Movers 201 will not take responsibility for the mechanical condition of the item, unless visible physical damage was caused in the process of moving.
- Moving of a grandfather clock. Customer is responsible to prepare the clock for moving by removing all the moving parts (removing the pendulum, chimes and weights). Clock itself will be blanket wrapped and crated around with double-walled cardboard. Please note: clock mechanism has to be stopped by you, the owner. We will not be able to do that. We will also not be able to set up the time, start the mechanism or perform any adjustments to the mechanism upon the delivery.
- Moving of an aquarium. Any aquarium to be moved has to completely empty. Movers 201 will not move any aquarium that have any dcor, water or any other equipment in it. We will not disassemble, reassemble or install any aquarium. Please consult with a proper professional prior to the move.
- Moving of piano. Piano moves have to be confirmed in details with our staff prior to the move. Piano moving services are subject to additional charges:$75.00 for all Upright Piano (+ Charge of $75.00 per each flight of stairs will be applied, $150.00 for all Baby Grand Piano or an Upright player piano (+Charge of $100.00 per each additional flight of stairs will be applied)$200.00 for all Grand Piano or baby grand player piano (+Charge of $150.00 per each additional flight of stairs will be applied)
Payment for services
Movers201 has been committed to serving you the customer. In order to avoid misunderstandings, we would like you to read the following information.
- All charges for a local move must be paid in full by the end of your moving day before movers delivering the last few items in to your new location,
- All payments for services rendered must be in the form agreed in advance, All Local moves (customer move within the state of NJ) can be paid by cash, certified check, postal money order, or credit card (a 3% surcharge will applied on all credit card payment exceeding the amount of $250.00), Movers 201 will except your own Personal check* as payment for your move as long as the check belong to you the customer or any adult present at the move site, all personal checks must include the full name as show on your state issued ID with a full NJ home address, *in the event the check that has been provided for payment has been returned by the bank for any reason you will be charged a $75.00 return check fee and you must submit a replacement payment (including the fees) in the form of Cash or Postal Money order within 48hr of our notice to you on the returned check. (it is Illegal to stop payment on a check you paid for labor services in the state of NJ or to provide payment for labor services with a check that have no value cover in your bank account, a complaint will be processed with the local law enforcement agency which will result in criminal charges against you)
- All payment for Long-distance moves will be as the following: 50% of your move cost is due on pick up day by cash, personal check* or credit card,(3% surcharge will applied on all credit card payment exceeding the amount of $250.00), The remaining balance will be paid upon delivery (before unloading you shipment) paid by Cash or Postal Money Order (no exception)*Movers 201 will except your own Personal check as payment for your pickup down payment as long as the check belong to you the customer or any adult present at the move site, all personal checks must include the full name as show on your state issued ID with a full NJ home address in the event the check that has been provided for payment has been returned by the bank for any reason you will be charged a $75.00 return check fee and you must submit a replacement payment (including the fees) in the form of Cash or Postal Money order within 48hr of our notice to you on the returned check. (it is Illegal to stop payment on a check you paid for labor services in the state of NJ or to provide payment for labor services with a check that have no value cover in your bank account, a complaint will be processed with the local law enforcement agency which will result in criminal charges against you)
Movers201 has been committed to serving you the customer. In order to avoid misunderstandings, we would like you to read the following information.
- All charges must be paid in full before any claim can be placed by customer or process by us.
- Upon completion of the job, it is the customer’s responsibility to inspect the truck to make sure nothing has been left behind.
Liability Protection Coverage Options
Option A Limited Liability (Basic coverage)
All licenses movers must automatically insure your possessions with the basic liability coverage (Moves within the state of NJ are cover for $1.00 per pound per article) & (all moves between state to state cover for $0.60 per pound per article). Movers201 will fix damages made to your household goods during the move with us, a replacement of damaged items that can not be fixes will be done in some cases,
*Movers201 is not responsible for any loss of jewelry, cash, phones/tablets or other valuable personal items.
Option B Increased Valuation (not insurance)
Increased valuation: A mover may contract with you for increased valuation by
agreeing to increase his legal liability limit for loss or damage, replacing the $1.00 per pound
option. No insurance policy will be issued since, under increased valuation, a mover agrees to
increase his liability limit in the event of loss or damage. The mover is able to secure the proper
limits of coverage through his cargo liability insurance carrier to support the increased valuation
agreement. Obtaining a certificate of insurance from the mover indicating an adequate cargo
liability limit of coverage prior to the move is recommended.
Option C Full Replacement Coverage (Insurance)
Full Replacement Value – Lump Sum is offered for Interstate (moving from state to state) and Intrastate (moving within the same state) shipments. This option provides coverage based on the total declared value/lump sum of the shipment. To avoid being underinsured, it is required you declare a value equal to at least $10,000.00 and that high value items be specifically declared and valued, A high value item is any shipped item valued at over $1,000.00 (USD) per item or set, and these items MUST BE SPECIFICALLY DECLARED AND VALUED. Failure to comply will limit recovery to a maximum of $1,000.00 per item or set. It is important to remember that the amount shown on the inventory list will be part of the total declared value and not in addition to it. Items may be categorized as a group, such as “living room set, 7 pieces”. However, please remember that in the event a claim is filed for any of the items in that category, the settlement amount may reflect the average value of the declared grouped items in that category.
Items valued at less than $1,000.00 per item do not need to be specifically declared and listed on the inventory list, however, to be sure that these items are covered, you MUST include their value in your total Declared Value.
Valued Inventory & Full Current Replacement Value — Lump Sum Terms and Conditions:
Full Current Replacement Value — Valued Inventory & Full Current Replacement Value — Lump Sum Insuring Agreement
Household goods, personal effects, private passenger automobiles and office goods shipped by land, under deck or by air are insured against “All Risks” of physical loss or damage from any external cause, subject to the American Institute Cargo Clauses. These clauses include Warehouse to Warehouse Transit Clauses, Marine Extension Clauses, Strikes, Riots and Civil Commotion, and “War Risk” insurance. Containerized shipments, whether shipped on deck or under deck are insured per “All Risks” conditions. Non-Containerized shipments on deck, subject to an “On Deck” bill of lading, are insured “Free of Particular Average” unless the vessel or craft be stranded, sunk, burnt, on fire, in collision or by the shipment being jettisoned or lost overboard.
Insurance purchased as Full Current Replacement Value – Valued Inventory must specify covered item(s) by item name and declare a value for each item(s). The amount of insurance purchased must be not less than the current replacement value of the property. If a valued inventory has been submitted with the insurance document, the maximum liability shall not exceed the indicated amount. If any item is insured for less than the replacement cost, co-insurance will be applied to the assured amount in determining the insured value. The Assured shall, to the extent of such deficit, bear his, her or their proportion of the loss. Items not listed are not covered. Item(s) cannot be marked as “Miscellaneous” (“Misc.”). Items marked miscellaneous are not covered.
Insurance purchased as Full Current Replacement Value – Lump Sum must be purchased for a minimum $8.00 per pound for Current Replacement Value coverage. Coverage requires that high value items, individually valued at $1,000 or over, be specifically declared and valued separate from the balance of the shipment. Failure to purchase the insurance under this term may cause the shipment to become underinsured and will place in effect the Co-Insurance Clause. Co-Insurance is a situation in which a shipment or an item is insured for less than its replacement value. Settlement will be proportional to the declared value versus the replacement value of the shipment or item. All weights will be established by a government/industry issued weight guide.
EXAMPLE: Shipment weight of 5,000 pounds (or 714 cubic feet). To avoid co-insurance, follow this simple calculation: multiply the weight of the shipment (5000 pounds in this example) x $4, for a total insured value of $20,000.
The settlement based on Full Value Replacement insurance and Replacement insurance will be the lesser of repair costs, replacement value or as stated on the valued inventory. Loss of value due to repair is not covered. Only repair costs are covered; incidental charges related to repair costs are not covered.
Should the actual weight of your shipment change after loading, the actual weight must be submitted to Movers 201 Inc. in writing within 48 hours of load for changes to the declared value to be accepted.
CLAIMS FOR ALL ITEMS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN WRITING TO MOVING INSURANCE, LLC, WITHIN 45 DAYS OF DELIVERY: All claim payments, minus any applicable deductible, will be made in U.S. Dollars. Premium for the insurance must be received by Movers 201 Inc. prior to any claim payment. If you file a damage claim, you must file first with Movers 201 Inc. You cannot receive compensation for damages from the insurance carrier and the moving company. It is illegal to collect twice on the same item(s).
PERILS: Touching the adventures and perils which the Insurance Carrier is contented to bear, and take upon itself, they are of the seas, fires, assailing thieves, jettisons, barratry of the Master and Mariners, and all other like perils, losses and misfortunes that have or shall come to the hurt, detriment or damage of the said goods and merchandise, or any part thereof, except as may be otherwise provided for herein or endorsed hereon.
DUTY OF ASSURED: It is the duty of the Assured and their Agents, in all cases, to take such measures as may be reasonable for the purpose of averting or minimizing a loss and to ensure that all rights against carriers, bailees or other third parties are properly preserved and exercised. IMMEDIATELY notify, in writing, the air or ocean carrier and the delivering carrier advising them that damage has occurred to your shipment. A copy must be included with your claim form.
AVERAGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Shipments subject to an “On Deck” Bill of Lading (which must be so declared by the Assured) are insured Free of Particular Average unless caused by the vessel being stranded, sunk, burnt, on fire or in a collision but not including jettison and/or washing overboard irrespective of percentage. Containerized shipments on deck are insured per under deck “All Risk” clauses.
SUBROGATION CLAUSE: After the payment of a claim under this insurance document, the Insurance Carrier shall be subrogated to the extent of their payment to all the Assured’s rights of recovery against any person or organization. The Assured cannot claim any items with the mover that are covered by the insurance. The insurance company will subrogate the legal liability to mover directly on items covered by the insurance.
SALVAGE: If the Insurance Carrier replaces, makes a total loss payment, or pays the insured amount as shown on the valued inventory for a damaged article, they, at their option, have the right to salvage the damaged article.
DEDUCTIBLE: All loss or damage arising during the certificate period shall be adjusted in accordance with the valuations and limitation provisions of this certificate and will then be considered the “adjusted claim”. From the adjusted claim or the applicable limit of this certificate, whichever is less, the sum stated under the applicable deductible amount shown in Declarations shall be deducted. Insurer shall have no obligations under this form until the claim exceeds the deductible.
(a) Packed By Owner (PBO) items: Packed by owner items must be packed in new cardboard moving cartons. Claims will only be covered if exterior damage is noted to the box on the Movers Bill of Lading, Inventory or Delivery Receipt signed by all parties. Photos of the SEALED box prior to opening must be provided. Recovery is limited to $250 per item, cardboard moving carton, or container with a maximum per claim payment of $2,500. Items that are manufacturer packed are considered packed by owner. Any damage to plastic storage containers, or contents of these containers, is excluded from coverage. Claims will not be honored for shortage of any owner-packed items, cardboard moving cartons, or containers unless that shortage has been noted at the time of delivery. In the event of a Total Loss of the entire shipment, loss of any owner packed items, cardboard moving cartons, or containers will be covered for loss up to the face value of the certificate and the shipment’s declared value.
(b) Carrier Packed (CP) items: Damage to items packed into boxes, cardboard moving cartons, or containers by the movers must be reported to Moving Insurance within 45 days of delivery.
(c) Furniture and Non-packed items: Damage will not be covered unless noted on the Movers Bill of Lading, Inventory, or Delivery Receipt signed by all parties at delivery. Damage(s) not noted on the delivery paperwork must be reported to Movers 201 Inc. within 7 days of delivery or a date/time stamped photo taken within 7 days of delivery. Blanket statements such as many items damaged, or everything is damaged will not be accepted. Any item constructed of any type of engineered wood, manufactured wood, veneered chipboard, particle board, MDF ½medium density fiberboard, composite board, press board, press wood, or similar is excluded from coverage.
(d) Missing Items: Missing items will not be covered unless a Full Descriptive Inventory is completed for the move. Missing items must be noted on the Mover’s Bill of Lading, Inventory or Delivery Receipt signed by all parties. Items claimed missing from cardboard moving cartons will only be covered if the respective cardboard moving carton the item was packed in is noted open or missing at delivery. Blanket statements such as items missing, or missing boxes will not be accepted.
(e) Mechanical/Electrical items: Any internal electrical or mechanical component of any device unless exceptions are noted at the time of delivery for external damage to such property. Loss of data and recalibration are excluded. Electrical or mechanical malfunctioning coverage may be available for a nominal additional premium. If such coverage is purchased, it is required that any electrical or mechanical item covered by this insurance must be inspected at origin and destination by movers, with a specific note on the carrier’s inventory indicating the operable condition of this item. Failure to do so will cause denial of claim and will not constitute refund for this insurance coverage. Any item inventoried by the mover as MCU (mechanical condition unknown) will not be covered.
(f) Pairs & Sets: If any item of a “set” is lost or damaged, payment is only made for the proportionate value of the item damaged, not the entire set, unless pairs and sets coverage has been purchased as part of the policy, if available. Items listed as a set must be insured either at the total set’s replacement value or with the individual replacement value of each piece listed. If undervalued, co-insurance will apply.
(g) Items We Do Not Insure: Jewelry, watches, gem stones, cash, currency or bank notes, deeds, travelers check, coin or stamp collections, sports memorabilia, alcoholic beverages, foods, medications, negotiable items, furs or garments trimmed with fur, ammunition, contraband, cigarettes, laptop or tablet computers, mobile or cellular telephones, non-household items, items that are considered for commercial, industrial or non-household use including merchandise for sale or exhibition, real estate/property damage, items not listed on the movers’ inventory, items not shipped, items received by the carrier as Condition Unknown, items excluded on the moving company’s Order for Service, Bill of Lading, or Waiver Forms are not insured.
(h) Loss/Damages Not Covered:
- Loss/Damage caused by wear and tear, deterioration, changes in climatic conditions, mold and mildew, infestations, pre-existing damages, inherent vice, wrinkled/soiled: clothing, linens, drapes, or rugs. Any damages caused as a result of these being in the shipment: hazardous materials, items that are flammable, corrosive or explosive; perishables: food, plants or living things that may die or spoil in transit. Contributory negligence on the part of the owner and/or their agents. Damages or loss attributed to an act, order, or omission on the part of the shipper.
- Loss/Damage arising out of the acts of any government, customs authority, or official confiscation. Physical loss or damage to the property carried out for political, terrorist, or ideological purposes when property is in storage.
- Losses due to delay or service-relatedissues, including, but not limited to mover and customer agreements, shipment delays, etc.
- Loss/Damage caused by nuclear reaction, radiation, or radioactive contamination, whether controlled or uncontrolled, however caused.
- Loss/Damage on door to port shipments are not covered unless exceptions are noted on the paperwork when the shipment is received at the port of discharge and signed by all parties.
(h) Items Requiring Specific Packing: The following items are subject to specific packing requirements and if all requirements are not met, loss or damage to these items will not be covered:
- Delicate and fragile items or out of the ordinary items, including but not limited to: lamps, glass tables/tops, marble tables/tops, mirrors, slates, taxidermy, paintings, framed pictures, statues, chandeliers, display cases, pool tables, wall units, hot tubs, which may or may not require the disassembling and/or reassembling of these items, must be handled only by a professional mover or certified third party service and professionally packed in a cardboard moving carton or crated by the mover in wooden or other protective containers specifically manufactured for the item. Wrapping such items in cut down boxes or moving pads does not constitute professional packing and is not covered under this certificate.
- Any delicate/fragileitem valued at $5,000 or higher MUST be professionally crated in a solid wood crate. Any fragile item valued at $10,000 or more must be serviced/crated by a certified third party company.
- Televisions (TVs) must be professionally packed in a flat screen TV carton, original carton with the original Styrofoam, or crated in a wooden crate. TVswrapped only in cut down cardboard or moving blankets will be denied. TV must be unpacked by the movers at destination and any damage noted on the Movers Bill of Lading, Inventory or Delivery Receipt signed by all parties. Damage reported to TVs after the mover has left will not be accepted. In the event of a claim, you will be required to provide the year, make, model and proof of ownership.
- Mattresses and Box Springs are specifically excluded from coverage unless packed by the mover in mattress cardboard moving cartonsspecifically designed for this purpose. Shrink-wrap or mattress bags/covers alone do not constitute proper protection. Items listed as a set must be insured either at the total set’s replacement value or with the individual replacement value of each piece listed. If undervalued, co-insurance will apply.
- Lamps and Lamp Shades, including Floor or Pole Lamps: must be professionally packed in cardboard moving cartons.
- Pianos: Must be professionally serviced, all corners foam protected, pad wrapped and cardboard crated, and placed on a piano board if necessary. Any piano with a high gloss surface must be foam wrapped, then pad wrapped, cardboard crated and placed on piano board if necessary; Any piano being moved internationally, or with a value of $25,000 or more, must be professionally crated and uncrated by a certified third party service in a solid wood crate, and any exceptions noted on the paperwork. MED coverage is not available.
- Motorcycles and Motor Scooters: must be crated in a solid wood crate at residence or on the truck at residence. Motorcycles or Motor Scooters valued at $5,000 or more need to be crated by a certified third party company.
- Firearms: Only legally registered firearms are covered. Assured must provide serial numbers on our inventory. Must be carrier packed. Ammo cannot be packed with firearm.
- Automobiles: Loss or damage to automobiles is excluded while being driven under their own motor power except while on the premises of the port and while being loaded and unloaded into and off the carrier. Marring, denting, chipping, or scratching on automobiles over five years old is not covered. Non-factory installed accessories or removable items on automobiles is excluded. Goods of a personal nature shipped inside an automobile are also excluded.
- Grandfather Clocks: Must be serviced by a 3rd party company, pendulum and weights removed, chains secured, pulley secured w/ Styrofoam blocks. Must be packed in Grandfather clock box or crated in solid wooden crates. Grandfather Clock valued from $5,000 to $9,999 must be professionally packed in a solid wood crate. Grandfather Clock valued from $10,000 and above must be packed in a solid wood crate by our approved 3rd party crating companies.
- Damage to articles, including boxes, cardboard moving cartons, and containers, not professionally packed by the movers are not covered unless damage is caused directly by fire, lightning, explosion, flood, cyclone, tornado, windstorm, collapse of bridges, theft, or collision, overturn or upset of the transporting vehicle.
- All certificates of insurance with a total value of $40,000 or higher are subject to maximum per item coverage not to exceed 25% of the value of the certificate.
- In the event that a customer has more than one insurance certificate under more than one bill of lading, and these shipments are placed into the same approved storage facility, the total liability amount for storage coverage allowed per the Insurance Carrier and its agents is a maximum of $500,000 per individual or family, per approved storage facility, no matter how many certificates are in force.
- If shipment is loaded out of storage, self or moving company’s facility, where no prior coverage was provided by the Insurance Carrier will result in having this certificate provide “Total Loss Only” coverage. If the shipment delivers into a self-storage facility, specific written exceptions must be noted on the mover’s documents for any claims to be considered and must be signed by all parties. Any insured boxed items must be unpacked, checked for damage, and noted on the mover’s documents for any claims to be considered, and must be signed by all parties.
- Insurance must be purchased prior to packing or loading as conducted by the movers. No items or goods can be added to or deleted from the certificate after items have been loaded on the truck(s).
- This certificate cannot be cancelled or modified once the moving process (packing and/or loading) has begun. Modification includes but is not limited to: Name of Assured, Type of Coverage, Declared Value, Deductible Level, Certificate Cost, Add-On Certificates. Notes added to Certificate Summary by the assured cannot alter or change coverage in any way.
- All insured goods must be in the care, custody, and control of and handled by a Movers 201 Inc. approved licensed, insured, and professional Moving and Storage Company or a Movers 201 Inc. approved professional labor service at all stages of the move for those goods to be insured. In case of shipment being loaded and/or unloaded into a truck or a container by any person other than a Movers 201 Inc. -authorized loading and unloading affiliate, this certificate will become null and void.
- Change of movers must be notified to Movers 201 Inc. in writing, at least 48 business hours prior to packing or moving date, whichever is first, as noted on the certificate. The new assigned carrier must be a qualified carrier with our network, or the certificate will become null and void. A refund will be provided, subject to the Cancellation Clause below.
- In case of any other coverage to the shipment, including but not limited to homeowner’s insurance, rental insurance, moving company’s insurance, manufacturer’s warranty and added services warranty this certificate will act as a secondary certificate and will pick up only after the first certificate was exhausted while using the original coverage as a deductible, to the extent of the original certificate’s coverage.
- In case packing or loading (whichever occurs first) of a shipment, does not occur within ninety (90) days of the packing date indicated by the certificate holder on the certificate of insurance, and in case Movers 201 Inc. has not been notified in writing by the certificate holder of the packing or loading date (whichever occurs first) changes within this time frame, the certificate automatically will become null and void, and all liability by Underwriters effectively ends with no further obligation.
MISREPRESENTATION AND FRAUD: This document shall be void if the Assured has concealed or misrepresented any material fact or circumstance concerning this Insurance or the subject thereof. Any person who includes any false or misleading information on an application for an insurance certificate is subject to criminal and civil penalties. Notwithstanding any requirement, term, or condition of any contract or other document with the respect to which this document is issued, the insurance afforded by the certificate listed on this document is subject to all the terms of such certificate.
AGENCY: It is understood and agreed that any person authorized by the named assured or shipper to order this insurance is acting as the agent of the Assured and is aware of the certificate terms and conditions. In any case, a customer signed certificate and terms and conditions must be received by Movers 201 Inc. two days prior to packing or moving date or the coverage becomes null and void. In case this certificate is purchased by the insured’s agent or representative, these terms and conditions must be reviewed, signed by the insured, and faxed over to Movers 201 Inc., or this certificate will become null and void immediately upon discovery.
OFFICE GOODS: In the event this certificate is being purchased for a move of OFFICE GOODS, from one location to another, the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS apply: All damages must be noted on the paperwork at the time of delivery, and the claim filed with Movers 201 Inc., within 48 hours of delivery. Mechanical and electrical derangement coverage is NOT available, and this certificate will not cover the loss of any mechanical or electrical item, unless a direct result of physical damage caused by the approved moving affiliate and noted on the paperwork at the time of delivery. All other Terms and Conditions of the certificate apply.
Failure to follow these terms and conditions will render this certificate a “Null and Void” certificate or result in automatic cancellation, as decided by Movers 201 Inc..
Movers 201 Inc. reserves the right to cancel any certificate without notice; in this event, a full refund will be made.
In case packing or loading (whichever occurs first) of a shipment, does not occur within ninety (90) days of the packing date indicated by the certificate holder on the certificate of insurance, and in case Movers 201 Inc. has not been notified in writing by the certificate holder of the packing or loading date (whichever occurs first) changes within this time frame, the certificate automatically will become null and void, and all liability by Underwriters effectively ends with no further obligation.
Any statements or Agreements made by the mover in contradiction to any of the Terms and Conditions contained in this document will not be recognized or endorsed during the Claim settlement process. The Terms and Conditions in this document preclude any verbal or written agreements between the mover and insured where such agreements violate or conflict with the Terms and Conditions contained in this document.
No suit, action, or proceeding for the recovery of any claim under this certificate shall be sustainable in any court of law or equity unless the same be commenced within twelve (12) months next after delivery, provided, however, that by the laws of the state within which this certificate is issued such limitation is invalid, then any such claim shall be void unless such actions, suit or proceedings be commenced within the shortest limit of time permitted by the laws of such state. Any and all legal suits, actions or proceedings must be filed in the state of New Jersey, United States.
- A 10% cancellation fee, not to exceed $50, will be assessed to all cancelled certificates.
- Cancellation of certificate for any reason must be done under the following conditions:
- Prior to the start of moving services.
- In writing by fax, letter or e-mail with our receipt acknowledgement.
- I acknowledge that the total cost of this policy includes insurers’ premium and a Policy Fee to Movers 201 Inc.‘s administrative cost and expenses.
- In the event the certificate is cancelled, I understand that only the premium is subject to refund, less a 10% cancellation fee.
Coverage options A, B or C do not apply to:
- Any article of extraordinary nature or value, unless a special agreement has been stipulated to do so. Including but not limited to jewelry, furs, stocks, bonds, cash, antiques and art collections.
- Loss or damage resulting from wear and tear, moths or vermin, dampness of atmosphere or extremes of temperature.
- Acts or omissions of the shipper, such as neglecting to prepare for time of shipment.
- Internal electronic or mechanical items, whether packed or unpacked by Movers201 or the shipper.
- Loss or damage consisting of breakage to fragile items, such as china, glassware, etc., unless packed and unpacked by Movers201 or unless caused directly by fire, theft, collision or overturn of transport vehicle.
- Press-Wood (Particle Board) items. Due to the fragility of such items, all such items that will be must be disassembled and reassembled. Otherwise, Movers201 will not take responsibility in terms of any type of coverage.
- All Electronic Items Movers201 is not responsible to any internal damage to electronic or mechanical items, whether packed or unpacked by Movers201 or the shipper.
- Customer must remove all Valuables, Jewelries & Cash before movers arrive
Movers201 is not responsible for any loss of high end jewelries, cash or extreme value personal items
Please note that following items are not allowed on the truck for safety reasons:
- Aerosol cans, Alcohol, Ammonia, Ammunition, Car batteries, Charcoal, Charged scuba tanks
- Chemicals / Chemistry sets, Cleaning solvents, Darkroom, Fertilizer, Flammables
- Fire extinguishers, Guns, Paint thinners, Paints / varnishes, Pesticides, Poisons, Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks, Rubbing alcohol, Sterno fuel, locked safes, plants, any type of animals
- Customers are not allowed to ride as a passenger or as cargo on the moving truck